I step in the discussion, as I am a Mac user (although not really
skilled in catching and reporting bugs).

I have some comments below.

On 2/14/12 5:52 AM, adept techlists - kazar wrote:

Problem description:

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a spreadsheet that has data in some cells. I have tested with
.csv and .ods

OK, done.

2. Click on a populated cell, start typing a few letters (i.e., to
replace what was there

OK, done.

3. Press Undo (Cmd-Z) to undo your edit (i.e., in hopes of restoring the
original contents of the cell). Press Undo again. Maybe again.

If you press Enter and set the content of the cell, then the subsequent
Cmd-Z works without any problem and restores the original content of the
cell which has just been edited.

If you do not press Enter and press Cmd-Z while you are still in editing
mode, then you see some random content and you are never able to restore
the original content of the cell. When you are in editing mode (i.e.,
before pressing Enter), you should press Esc to restore the original
content (this brings you out of editing mode without applying the change).

So, the fact that Cmd-Z does not restore the original content of the
cell while you are still in editing mode cannot be considered a bug as
the right command while in editing mode is Esc (Escape).

I do not know if the random content that shows up when pressing Cmd-Z
while you are still in editing mode can be considered a bug (actually,
the random content that shows up is the same on Mac and Linux, as I have
just tested the same file on both platforms, and thus it might be
related to the file).

I hope all this helps.

--
Italo Vignoli - italo.vignoli@gmail.com