2011/6/8 Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com>

On Jun 8, 2011, at 3:36 PM, M Henri Day wrote:

left out. As I see it, the upshot of the matter is that TDF would best be
advised to devote its limited resources to improving LibreOffice, rather
than to working to please the lawyerly mind....

I would suggest, as an outsider, that TDF continue the lawyerly
efforts in finalizing its foundation, non-profit, governance,
models. There is nothing worse, or more dangerous, than an
"almost created" foundation. ;)

Good point, Jim ! I amend my comment to read as follows : As I see it, the
upshot of the matter is that TDF, after completing the procedure necessary
for establishing itself as a non-profit foundation according to the laws and
regulations governing such in the country (Germany) in which it is
registered, would best be advised to devote its limited resources to
improving LibreOffice, rather than to working to please the lawyerly mind
and complying with all the regulations required to accept a possible
«donation» from a legal entity registered in the United States.....

Hope the above will suffice !...

Henri