----- Original Message ----

From: Italo Vignoli <italo.vignoli@gmail.com>
On the other hand, ASF members  should start building their opinions about TDF
from other sources than the  rumors spread by individuals who, for personal
reasons, do not like TDF (you can  find any flavour of them around the Internet,
and some of them have signed as  committers).

Like all the venom towards Oracle, OOo, and ASF that has been spewed by TDF
members and contributors on this topic over the last few days?

I'm more of an outside observer on all of this, and have tried to keep up on the
topic to see where things go, but there's not much better way to put it (sadly).
TDF as an organization did respond well to the announcement, but the TDF/LO
community has not, and you don't have to look to IBM or Oracle or anyone else to
see that; which is quite sad.
It's not a matter of rumor - just read the archives.

I'm quite pleased to see the ASF members (at least here) not taking offense but
continuing to act very diplomatically throughout all of this. (That said, I
haven't paid nearly as much attention to the Apache Mailing Lists.)

$0.02

Ben