----- Original Message ----

From: Italo Vignoli <italo.vignoli@gmail.com>
On 5/17/11 4:17 PM, BRM wrote:
Personally I hope Oracle doesn't drop  the ball on it and that OpenOffice
proper
can become a true community  lead project as I haven't yet seen anything from
the
leadership of TDF  to give me confidence they are not doing the same thing
they
blamed  Oracle for, just in a slightly different fashion. (Thus why I've
been
 lurking more.)

Being a member of the Steering Committee of TDF, and  having some problems in
understanding the meaning of your sentence, may I ask  you to be more specific
on "the same thing they blamed Oracle for"?  Thanks.

Since you asked...

As I participated in a number of discussions early on, I noticed a lot of things
where the founding people just rammed through their opinion without really
listening to the community.
In some cases, the community decision was aligned with the members, but they
stilled didn't take to the decision through the community but through what they
wanted so it the decision seemed more forced on the community than decided by
the community even in those cases - e.g. go back and read the Copyright
Assignment discussion.

So while I do hope that the TDF leadership does start listening to the
community, etc. I have yet to see that really happen any better than Oracle was
doing.

Ben