On 2011/04/24 12:14 PM  Michelle Konzack wrote:
Another thing: once I'm on a web forum, if I have time I start
poking through the categories to pick out topics of interest and i
learn so much about the forum. And another thing: effectively
moderated forums will have a FAQ section so that rather than the
regular participants having to answer the same questions over and
over they can simply point to the FAQ.
Web-Forums areheavy target of spamers...  Iknow many of them which where
hijacked by PE and asian electronic sellers and such...
Some are. Well run forums, such as http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/ quickly get rid of any spam and ban the posters.

It is much easier to find solutions to specific issues on a forum with multiple categories than by searching through a mailing list archive. Most of the support I give is not on mailing lists. It is on:

Perhaps you should check it out instead of giving your unsubstantiated condemnation of forums.

Larry
--
Larry I. Gusaas