On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 19:54 -0800, Andy Brown wrote:

Since my computer time dates back to the old BBS days I prefer email
over forums but I can understand why some others would prefer forums,
for one time questions and not wanting to get overloaded with emails.

Actually, IMO, it isn't a question of web forums vs no web forums,
assuming our efforts are successful and a large number of LibreOffice
users materialize - something I feel strongly will happen - then sites
will open to support them, beyond just these two. OO.o (extended and
unofficial) had nearly two dozen different web forums or wikis scattered
about, and I bet I missed a few.

This is good I think, these third party support sites - it is the
economic engine of the FOSS world if you think about it.

The question is, I believe, only that of whether there is a web forum
within the project domains and I do understand that different people can
come to honest differences of opinion on the merit of that.

Thanks

Drew