Hi Johannes, *,

Am Sonntag, 2. Januar 2011, 19:30:31 schrieb Johannes A. Bodwing:
Hi Leif,

Dear Larry,

I disagree with you of two reasons:
1) LibreOffice is free software. If any developer wants to improve the
code - he or she has the freedom to do so. I think this is one very
important stand. We have seen other products in the marked licensed as
open source but that are not free software. Who should decide what what
is 'good' and what is 'bad' code?

Nobody. Because !

We are not building a cathedral are we? Not because the bazaar works
fine for us.

I agree too in one point: LibreOffice is free software as a software.
But we speak about LO as the substantial product of TDF. And TDF wants
to evolve the community of OOo eg. With that LO is part of the community.
Why can than one group or one person decide about important things?

this is because LibreOffice and the TDF are build on the contribution of the members.
The people, which are doing the work, decide about the things they are doing for LO
and the TDF.

But you yourself had to decide first, what you want to contribute to which community
(OOo or LO). We need people who are doing the daily work. We need not another mega-
thread on this list.

Regards,
Andreas
--