Johannes A. Bodwing schrieb:
Sorry people,

As long as the LibO website is under construction you will find it
here: http://www.test.libreoffice.org

But I think that's not the first page for www.libreoffice.org at this
state of the project.
Why?
LO and TDF are at the beginning. So many people don't know what it is
and why they should use it.
In this phase the Start-Side or Home-Side has to be created under the
points of marketing, as a "Wow"-Side.

Please propose your valid ideas on the website mailing list or - if you have some spare time - perhaps you could work on the site directly (with the built-in editor SilverStripe is quite easy to be used).

I've thought it is discussed in this thread. But OK, I'll look at the website mailing list next days.

But another Sorry - I think this point ("Wow") has to be discussed basicly, not only for the website. Because the style of the website will just follow the fundamental goals of LO/TDF.

And for that the very first question is:
Stands LO in the competition with every other Office-Suite? Or will it be a work for fun till the fun is gone and than there will be something else (like it was said some times ago on OOo in a greater dispute)?

If LO accepts this challenge (competition with other Suites), than everything is based on the next question: What has to do that LO becomes the best Office Suite, better than the rest and for a long time? That so many people as possible are sure of LO is the best they could find for Office-Work in private and business or profession.

And this leads automaticly to the most useful website-design, to the best marketing, the features we need, how many money, how many people and so on.

In my opinion OOo ignored this to long. And LO copies some of that.

Johannes