Johannes A. Bodwing December 8, 2010 10:20 PM:

Stands LO in the competition with every other Office-Suite? Or will it
be a work for fun till the fun is gone and than there will be something
else (like it was said some times ago on OOo in a greater dispute)?

Of course.

If LO accepts this challenge (competition with other Suites), than
everything is based on the next question:
What has to do that LO becomes the best Office Suite, better than the
rest and for a long time? That so many people as possible are sure of LO
is the best they could find for Office-Work in private and business or
profession.

First, being known, and when I say being know I mean being exposed at least a dozen times per year to any prospect user, as this is the number of times they read about MS Office.

When you reach this first target, then we can discuss about other targets. In Italy, when we have reached this objective we have realized that we were at 15% market share, with 50 volunteers, no money at all, the product that you know and a lame web site.

Something similar happened in France and Germany.

And this leads automaticly to the most useful website-design, to the
best marketing, the features we need, how many money, how many people
and so on.

In my opinion OOo ignored this to long. And LO copies some of that.

TDF will have some money, but not enough money to compete with MS Office, some people, but not as many as MS Office, some features, but features are just bullshit for 80% of users (provided that LO has all the features needed by this 80% of users, which is already true), but we will have more fun, more enthusiasm and more brainpower than MS.

TDF will be a case history for guerrilla marketing, not for marketing warfare.

-- Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
E-mail: italo.vignoli@documentfoundation.org
Mobile +39.348.5653829 - VoIP: +39.02.320621813
Skype: italovignoli - GTalk: italo.vignoli@gmail.com

--
Italo Vignoli
italo.vignoli@gmail.com