Hi, :-)

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 05:14, Mirek M. <mazelm@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm thinking a simple extension that gives
you a "Record my steps" button.

IMHO that would be very useful. MS Office has sophisticated macro
development capabilities but, when I used to use MSO, the macros that
boosted my productivity the most were little keystroke sequences
recorded and then maybe placed in a While loop that repeated them
while a simple criterion was met ("not yet at end of file", etc.).

Plus I sometimes used to "nest" my macros by assigning them to keys
and then triggering the macros while recording a "containing" macro...
it was extremely useful to be able to create such "quick and dirty"
macros on the fly...

I reckon most users give up immediately on an envisioned automation if
they have to actually start writing a routine in Basic or some other
programming language...

0.2 cents...

David Nelson