On 10/21/2010 5:18 PM, Barbara Duprey wrote:
I'd just like to make sure I'm clear on this, OK? If I get a message
with a Reply-To header, and respond to it using Reply, not only does the
response go to those in the Reply-To header,

Yes it goes to everyone in the Reply-To header...

but that header is itself duplicated in my response?

Egads, no! Why would you think that?

It goes to the list and to the OP with whatever you have set for your
Reply-To for this account (usually blank)...

And the Reply-To header is also carried through if I use Reply All?
That header inheritance is the part I didn't think was necessarily
happening.

I'd have to experiment with how it behaves with a Reply-To when Reply
All is clicked... I imagine some clients may behave differently...

I didn't say it would be perfect, but at least any responses to the OP's
initial question would go to both the list and the OP (if the Reply-To
is set properly.

And yes, you can set this manually if you like...

--

Best regards,

Charles