 Le 2010-10-20 11:25, BRM a écrit :
Someone said:
  Second - the current idea is that organizsations could  join indirectly
through their member's (staff) contributions. This idea works  quite well
for e.g. Gnome foundation. There are other models and we need to  find
something to make organizations happy to join. We must take  responsibility
to discuss this as  well.
BRM replied:
But that's the point. Oracle may want to participate as an organization and no
indirectly through its staff members.
That part alone may be what is causing some of the riff

Actually, if a "coop-style" system is designed, it might be easier to control corporations than individuals. Compare Scenario One where Oracle or Google sends 100 employees-contributors as members of the Foundation, vs Scenario Two where Oracle and Google are members and have a single vote, but none of their employees may become members of the Foundation unless they work on their own.

--

Michel Gagnon – michel@mgagnon.net <mailto:michel@mgagnon.net>
Montréal (Québec, Canada) – mgagnon.net <http://mgagnon.net>