----- Original Message ----

From: Andre Schnabel <Andre.Schnabel@gmx.net>
Perhaps there is another issue at play here.
 Yes, Oracle was invited to contribute to TDF; but the current discussion
 on TDF
membership and documents on-line seem to forbid  organizations.

At first, we are just discussing at the moment - everyone  who wants
to have her points to be considered, may join the discussion. I  have no
problem if people from Oracle would joind and tell, that we  could
consider some points, so that it is more likely that Oracle  would
join us.

At the moment there is no indication at all,  that Oracle is interested
to join the foundation or even the  discussion.

Second - the current idea is that organizsations could  join indirectly
through their member's (staff) contributions. This idea works  quite well
for e.g. Gnome foundation. There are other models and we need to  find
something to make organizations happy to join. We must take  responsibility
to discuss this as  well.

But that's the point. Oracle may want to participate as an organization and no
indirectly through its staff members.
That part alone may be what is causing some of the riff.

From: Mike Dupont <jamesmikedupont@googlemail.com>