Hi *,

I feel same people can't be ruling OOo and TDF. And I see a
clear Conflict of Interest for people who has responsibilities in OOo
and chose to have responsabilities in the TDF.

Both communities will be able to collaborate in tons of things, but the
project leaders can't share responsabilities in both projects. If so,
why to have two Communities?

You can't fork a open source project and keep your responsabilities in
the original one! It's atonishing just trying to do it.

Best Greetings,

Ra

Italo Vignoli wrote:
Simos Xenitellis wrote:

I think you mentioned the 'resignment' several times, however it is
good to explain
what actually happened. In English you would not use 'resignment'.

1. Did an Oracle employee 'sack' you? Did they tell you that you are
now not part of the council anymore?
2. Was some decision taken that forced you to resign?
3. Did an Oracle employee ask you (politely or not) to resign and you
just resigned?

Being a volunteer, I cannot be "sacked". This is the reason why I have
intentionally used "resigned" (which I know is not appropriated, but
gives a fairly good idea of what has happened).

I was not a member of the community council, but I was nominated by the
community council to be a community budget approver (being the budget
made by donations to the community).

The Oracle gentleman who has "resigned" me (again, being a volunteer I
cannot be sacked as I am not losing any job, so I will not use the term
sack), is the treasurer in charge of managing, but not approving, the
community budget.

This gentleman has sent me an email where he tells me that he replaces
me with himself, not being himself nominated by the community nor voted
by the community.

According to the rules set by the community, I could only be removed by
the community council (because I was unavailable or I was behaving in an
unappropriate way, but I did not behave at all as I have avoided
handling budgets since September 28) or I could resign.

Summarizing, I have been "resigned" because the only way I could leave
that position is by resigning, but unfortunately my letter has been
written by someone else.

I hope this explains the situation.