Thanks for the reply,

Cédric Bosdonnat wrote:
Would you be able to get some people helping to
describe what needs to
be done? If you can find some other developers
interested in hacking
that part, I'm ready to help them getting started!

Unfortunately, I am a simple user...
A problem I had is that the footnotes/endnote do not contain the correct
style of citation
(Latin abbreviations). Sorry, this is my only experience.

For instance
http://unilearning.uow.edu.au/academic/4di.html
http://www.occc.edu/comlab/handouts/chicago-style-handout.pdf
http://www.aresearchguide.com/7footnot.html

Now Writer uses only Short name or Number.
However, it is important to remember that there are national differences in
reference style.

I understand that rethink Reference Manager/Citation Style is a very big job
and needs a lot of work before it's properly usable. The road of LibO has
just begun.
Just my personal opinion, the alphabetical index only needs to be improved,
because the schema does not need to be rethought.

Regards,
Jacques

PS. A bug (LibO3.3beta Xpsp3):table tolbar -> "Line Style" button. Not
working.