On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:

Le 2010-10-10 07:49, Andreas Mantke a écrit :

 Hi,

Am Sonntag, 10. Oktober 2010, 13:29:28 schrieb Miguel Mayol Tur:

As PDF is a open standard, there would be a good idea not to depend of

propietary software to make and fill PDFs forms and edit PDF documents.

And LIBRE OFFICE SHOULD do that.

there are a lot of not proprietary pdf reading programms available, that
ca
n do this
work., i.e. Okular on Linux.
In my opinion there is currently no need to develop such a function insi
de
LO.

Regards,
Andreas

Actually, LibO (OpenOffice) has very powerful "form" creating tools and i
follows a recognized ISO document standard (
http://www.iso.org/iso/fr/pressrelease.htm?refid=Ref1004). It would mak
sense, to me, to try to advertise this fact and to encourage the use and
posting of forms made with with LibO.

Then if people wanted to modify the forms, they would just have to modify
the forms, it would just be a question of re-working the LibO file.

IMHO, this is what we should be encouraging.

LibO also does a great job at creating forms and then exporting these to
.pdf format (.pdf is also an ISO document standard (
http://www.iso.org/iso/pressrelease.htm?refid=Ref1141). If, for example
you are creating a form for a group, you can send them both the .pdf form
(there is no real way to modify this form in whole) and the LibO file tha
you used to create the form. The LibO file could then be used to modify t
he
form is the group wanted.

What we need to do here is to prepare the technical details so that the Lib
marketing team can push this important feature.

At least for now it is easier to reuse the platform PDF viewer instead of
adding such functionality in LibO.
That is, we suggest for each platform which PDF readers have the ability to
save the completed PDF forms.
Then talk that LibO can create and manage those documents that produce the
PDF forms.

Simos