Hi Werner, hi Marc, Fabian, Charles, Oliver, ... all :-)

Am Donnerstag, den 01.03.2012, 09:18 +0100 schrieb Werner F. Bruhin:
On 01/03/2012 01:18, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2012-02-29 11:36, Fabian Rodriguez a écrit :
On 12-02-29 02:46 AM, Charles-H.Schulz wrote:
Le mardi 28 février 2012 à 16:32 -0500, Marc Paré a écrit :
Le 2012-02-28 14:49, Olivier Hallot a écrit :

[...]

http://ask.libreoffice.org/question/63/ask-for-features-new-idea

The question here though is, will the devs actually visit these pages
often?

Perhaps, this discussion should really be taken up on the dev list
with devs only and you (the devs) tell us the way that you would
prefer to have suggestions funnelled back to you. We could then refine
the process after we know as to which format the devs would like to
receive the feature requests.

Well, developers should at least provide insight if something is
technically not manageable ... but the funny thing is, that an idea pool
could provide some inspiration to them - like the EasyHacks do today ...

IMO, I prefer the method we now have of someone proposing a
feature/enhancement on the discussion list where we can all have a
discussion about it and then someone adding it to the bugzilla once it
has been refined. I don't see much value with people proposing
features and the masses ranking it up or down with little discussion.
But this is only my opinion.
+1.

Discussions are absolutely required when it comes to a certain point,
but sometimes it would already help to know what helps (more) "normal"
users most. And that usually doesn't happen on mailing lists, nor can it
be measured easily.

However, Marc asked for some "wiki-fication" ... here is a page I've
started some years ago. It basically collects requirements and some
proposals, although outdated, maybe helpful:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Idea_Handling

By the way, if somebody wants to extract parts of the page, then feel
free (speaking of my contributions) ;-)

Cheers,
Christoph