Le mardi 28 février 2012 à 16:32 -0500, Marc Paré a écrit :
Hi Olivier

Le 2012-02-28 14:49, Olivier Hallot a écrit :
Good question indeed, I use to receive demand directly in this mail address.

May be we should turn this page to get more visibility:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development#Lists_of_enhancements_and_missing_features

Regards
- --
Olivier Hallot

Is this page really used by the devs? I have never seen this page. Would
it not make more sense to put a feature request as a bug for the devs
and this way there would be a followup on the bugzilla?[1]

IMO, it just seems like such a big job to keep the wiki up to date, and,
if you make it more visible, you can expect a lot more people voting
which would need more work to tally the on-going change of vote count.

If people are so passionate about feature requests, then they could
create and account and join in on the conversation on bugzilla and
perhaps help out?

It just seems that this just adds another layer of complexity that is
really not needed. The bugzilla is easier to work with and is more
direct. Unless I am wrong, many projects use their bugzilla to submit
feature requests and they are "triaged" by someone at some point.

+1. Another way that may still happen on the wiki is to draft a full
specification. Basically if we write something like "you should improve
the background look behind the page on Writer", it does not mean
anything. You need to explain that this component inside Writer ought to
be changed in this or that way and provide an actual and practical
suggestion. Otherwise devs will think they don't have enough guidance or
details to code the said feature.

But I concur with Marc, Bugzilla is your friend :-)

Best,

Charles.

Marc

[1]