@Mark&  others

I like the idea, don't get me wrong.  But sadly it is hard for developers out there to make just a
viewer when some other folks have that :( already.  It would be nice if more people, sed -i
's|people|users|g' out there would use the OpenDocument format (*.odt) and not pdf to share
documents, then the idea would become more intriguing.  This new viewer would have to compete
against those viewers that exist plus Google Docs :(, which I don't know if it* supports
OpenDocument Format (*.odt) files?

Sadly, it is *very difficult* to change people's minds when it comes to document standards and
formats.  I agree with folks that mention that Adobe has become a **bloated monster** that used to
be lean and excellent, and with its increasing bloat there also comes security issues and constant
updates :(

My $0.04 (previous $0.02 + this $0.02) don't add sales tax please :)

Regards,

Antonio

It does seem that we already have a "usership" 100 million users. If this is true, then that would in itself make for a good base of users to create such a piece of software. As we are opensource, there is nothing wrong with if other folks alread have a viewer. However, the upside, is that our viewer would come from the makers of the actual pices of software from which people make the most use of the ODF.

Cheers

Marc

--
Marc Paré