Hi Antonio

Le 2011-06-23 18:05, Antonio Olivares a écrit :

Marc,

Idea sounds good, but there is also another competitor out there to the famous PDF :

http://djvu.sourceforge.net/

How about adding editing/viewing djvu compatibility to LibreOffice too?

I for one (except under windows) use evince/okular/xpdf or other free viewers out there as opposed
to using Acrobat Reader :)  Having LibreOffice open word/excel/powerpoint/pdf is excellent, but
adding djvu will also enhance it and make it even better (others don't have this capability).  But
keep the full suite, don't worry about a reader some folks already have a odt/doc/xls viewer on the
windows side:

http://www.officeviewers.com/

Someone mentioned this, I think that it would be not necessary to ask programmer to make a reader?
Doing more work when other similar software exists?
Unless if that software is (NOT FREE)/(OPEN SOURCE), there would be little to no gains if a
LibreOffice Reader is created?

BTW
I am a LibreOffice user not a programmer and happily use it on Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD.

Just my $0.02.

Regards,

Antonio

I also use Okular, although, I have found some cases where it would not print some .pdf's correctly. Djvu is neat, however, it is still struggling trying to make headway in being adopted.

I think it was mentioned that there were at one point over 100 million LibreOffice/OOo users. If we were to develop our own "LibreOffice Reader" we would already have 100 million potential users for our product. Not only that, the LibreOffice Reader would be compatible with the LibreOffice suite and possibly code. This would give the LibO Reader a good start.

Cheers

Marc

--
Marc Paré