Sophie Gautier wrote:

Sorry, I should have put a smiley, I didn't want to sound hard

You were not, don't worry ;)

Sophie Gautier wrote:

There is a lot to do in our project that doesn't need to be developer or
too technical. Why do you feel that and what should we change to enhance
this?

It would help if every time a user asks for a bug fix or a new feature,
someone didn't say "excellent, why don't you fix it / add it yourself?"
If LO has "hundreds of developers" then maybe there is no need for everybody
to learn how to code and fix the problems themselves?

Sophie Gautier wrote:

Since you posted a copy of your request to the Dev mailing list, I
assumed
that they are you target...
This is to make the developers aware of what is going on concerning QA.
This is of interest for them, it's an essential part in the development
process, this is why I cc this list.

Fair enough.

Sophie Gautier wrote:

This separation between mailing lists and users vs developers is killing
the
community spirit (if one agrees that Users should be considered a part of
the community...)
But it's you who make this separation :)

No, it's not. The Devs have made it pretty clear that the Dev mailing list
is only for Development issues (which I find reasonable). But since they
don't show up on the Users mailing list, where is the bridge?

BTW the Discuss list isn't the bridge either... The bridge are people like
you, Cor Nouws and Tom Davies who dialog with users and can reach the devs
;)

Sophie Gautier wrote:

And yes definitely users are part of the community, but I prefer to seek
the discussion lists first rather than the users lists that I consider
like a working tool so I'm always cautious to not generate more noise
than needed. That's only why I post on this list and not on the users
list. I'm used to do the same on the FR project.

That is not the feeling I get in the Users list...
I can see your point but it can be interpreted (as I did and from the lack
of answers, other users) that Users are not needed in QA.

Just wanted to clear this out so that other Users who read this know that
they are welcome to join QA ;)

Maybe you should post this topic there just in case?

Finally, this mailing list separation doesn't help either. If this was a
forum you would simply post a warning on each section with the link to the
appropriate sub-forum and anyone could join without having to subscribe.

So I ask again: can TDF please, set up an OFFICIAL forum for those who are
more comfortable with forums?