Hi Plino,
On 06/06/2011 12:33, plino wrote:
Sophie Gautier wrote:
My mail was a bit long, I know, but if you read until the end it says

I did read it to the end. It would be silly to make comments without reading
all ;)
Sorry, I should have put a smiley, I didn't want to sound hard
It still isn't clear what "you don't need technical skills" means...

Apparently in this "community" only developers have "skills"...
hum, I'm not a developer but I can make QA, support, documentation, etc. There is a lot to do in our project that doesn't need to be developer or too technical. Why do you feel that and what should we change to enhance this?

Sophie Gautier wrote:
This I why I posted here too, to try to keep the interest of the users,
or lurker that would like to participate to an easy task that doesn't
request a lot of time and is of great help to the project.

Since you posted a copy of your request to the Dev mailing list, I assumed
that they are you target...
This is to make the developers aware of what is going on concerning QA. This is of interest for them, it's an essential part in the development process, this is why I cc this list.
If you are also requesting Users to help (even if they are "un-skilled"),
wouldn't it make sense to post this on the USERS mailing list?
Because I suspect a lot of users are also subscribed here and I find it less noisy to post here than on the users list. If we don't get enough people, I'll see to post on the users list too.
This separation between mailing lists and users vs developers is killing the
community spirit (if one agrees that Users should be considered a part of
the community...)
But it's you who make this separation :) look, there is no need to be developer in my request, but there is an organization to put in place that needs that each link in the chain be aware of what happened in the process. Sometime, copy a list is just to share the information, and it's the case for the dev@ list in my mail.

And yes definitely users are part of the community, but I prefer to seek the discussion lists first rather than the users lists that I consider like a working tool so I'm always cautious to not generate more noise than needed. That's only why I post on this list and not on the users list. I'm used to do the same on the FR project.

Hope this explain my approach and sorry if I sound hard this morning, that was not intended (surely not enough awake ;)

Kind regards
Sophie