Hi Plino,
On 07/06/2011 02:51, plino wrote:
[...]

It would help if every time a user asks for a bug fix or a new feature,
someone didn't say "excellent, why don't you fix it / add it yourself?"
If LO has "hundreds of developers" then maybe there is no need for everybody
to learn how to code and fix the problems themselves?
Unfortunately it's even not enough, there is still a big amount of bug triaging to do that is enormously time consuming for developers. So I agree there is no need to say it each time a user ask for a feature or a bug fix, but if this user could become a contributor, it's even better.
[...]
But it's you who make this separation :)
No, it's not. The Devs have made it pretty clear that the Dev mailing list
is only for Development issues (which I find reasonable). But since they
don't show up on the Users mailing list, where is the bridge?
We are, those electron who are on several mailing lists like l10n, projects, doc, etc...
BTW the Discuss list isn't the bridge either... The bridge are people like
you, Cor Nouws and Tom Davies who dialog with users and can reach the devs
;)
Yes, because a list is just a tool, but discuss@ is a list where I know several people from the native language communities are on, and they will tell there communities that the discussion is ongoing on the projects@ list. The users@ list you talk about is an English speaking list and doesn't reach the other users@ lists of the project.
[...]
That is not the feeling I get in the Users list...
I can see your point but it can be interpreted (as I did and from the lack
of answers, other users) that Users are not needed in QA.

Just wanted to clear this out so that other Users who read this know that
they are welcome to join QA ;)

Maybe you should post this topic there just in case?
As I said, noise reduction: I'll wait to see how we goes with the other languages groups and if we need more EN native speakers, I'll ask on the users list.
Finally, this mailing list separation doesn't help either. If this was a
forum you would simply post a warning on each section with the link to the
appropriate sub-forum and anyone could join without having to subscribe.

So I ask again: can TDF please, set up an OFFICIAL forum for those who are
more comfortable with forums?
Oh, yes, with a forum it would be very simple, I would not be there at all :) so nothing to push for me or to organize because too bandwith consuming and expensive. And by the way, I know that my demand will reach the FR forum and may be other languages too, so why don't you pass it to the EN forum?
Kind regards
Sophie