So oracle won't make new licensing agreements with any one else except
apache which could see no contribution to the project unless your part
of ASF.

Laurence

On 05/06/2011, at 10:11, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:

On Jun 4, 2011, at 7:35 PM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:

Man, how I love fullquotes :-/

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 1:20 AM, Laurence Jeloudev <ljeloudev@gmail.com> wrote:
Make a new license agreement for openoffice? With other contributing companies.

Sorry, but what is your point?
my point was that it is in my opionon a stupid idea for LO people to
sign up as contributors to the incubator proposal just "to have a say"
or "now there are no restrictions yet".

Once in Apache, there is no discussion about licences anymore. Apache
only has its own license and has made it pretty clear numerous times
that they won't allow other licenses.

Only Oracle could add another license to the mix, but if everyone
subscribes to the apache-proposal, and thus shows their support for
the apache license, why should Oracle even consider to re-license?

So I absolutely don't udnerstand what you're trying to say, especially
when you write it as a f'up to my posting.

If the reason to not "join" Apache is because you are holding
out hope that Oracle may still one day re-license, then I think
you are holding out for a lost, lost hope.

Whether OOo lives or dies in Apache, Oracle has made it abundantly
clear that this is it... This is one promise I fully expect Oracle
will keep :/