On 2/7/11 8:27 AM, drew wrote:
On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 14:12 +0100, Andras Timar wrote:
2011/2/7 adept techlists - kazar<techlists@ade.pt>:
rather than expend resources on re-inventing the wheel, why not use
Kickstarter? You set a fundraising goal, a deadline, and can add videos,
links and blog posts to the project.
Do I have to be US-based to start a project?
Currently, yes.
from: http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq#WhatIsKick

Looks that way - sort of:

"Currently a US bank account is required to start a project. This is a
restriction by Amazon Payments, our payments processor. If you don't
have a US bank account and are interested in starting a project, we
appreciate your patience (we’re working on it!). Please note that
anyone, anywhere (with a major credit card) can pledge to any project on
Kickstarter."

A requirement to have to have a US bank account in order to receive
funds is not the same thing as saying the money must be dispersed in the
US only, is it?

No, it is not. If you would like me to inquire at my local Sovereign bank here in New York, where business bank accounts are free, let me know and provide a list of questions to ask them. I personally have bad credit so I could not be a signatory (and nobody at tdf knows me so why would you trust me, anyhow?) but at least I could get information for you. It might be possible

Sovereign is a subsidiary of the Santander Group (Spain) http://www.sovereignbank.com/companyinfo/company_information/santander/default.asp so I would think that global transactions might be facilitated. Santander has operations in Germany http://www.santander.de/

kazar