Hi Karl :-)

Karl Morten Ramberg wrote (14-12-10 13:49)
Yes I think LibO needs a way of offering intl support and responsetime
guarantee to attract larger companies.
And that that can be a way of partially fund the development

It is very true that offering support at a certain level is critical for a part of the market. It is my firm believe, that offering that support only can be done by commercial entities. A FLOSS-project, however vivant and strong it may be, cannot do that. This has nothing to do with being good or not, or with quality; it is simply because of the different nature of the organisations. I remember from BizzDev @ OOo that it is pretty hard to organise a vivant group of companies helping and exchanging. Either you might be to far apart (so different details in projects) or or to close, so in fact direct competitors, and in either case just busy ...

Talking about partially fund the development: We had the discussion at the latest OOoCon about a developers-group, that could fix issues/enhance functionality, on per hire basis.
Sounds OK, doesn't it?

I have an increasing number of contacts with people in my area, that are interested in coding, be it just out of interest, or more serious. (I meet those at booths, when I give presentations, visit partners... it is due to the nature of the LibreOffice project that people get more interested.)
So that seems a good starting point for me to start something in my area.

Talking about support for really big customers: that is something that I would try with other partners in OSS, if needed from the customers policy.

Best,
Cor