On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:23 AM, David Nelson <commerce@traduction.biz> wrote:
Hi, :-)

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 02:54, Stefan Weigel
<stefan.weigel@bildungskreis.org> wrote:
Well, someone just changed http://www.test.libreoffice.org/download/
and made downloading again very inconvenient.

The convenient script can still be found here
http://s132649167.online.de/LibO_test/sw_download.php

I will fix this right now. I only unpublished the page while trying
out some pages I'd created (it is a *test* site after all)...

Stefan already pointed out that it is not a /test/ site. It is the
site under construction.

Also I'm kind of puzzled to read your message in the
documentfoundation irc channel backlog

"Marc did the website guys ever get an IA figured out for the
SilverStripe site?"

As you've been participating in the conf-calls, have been following
the list, etc. I wonder what went so wrong that this isn't clear?

The topic in the first conf call was that people felt uncomfortable
because they don't know what and where to put content, what the
structure is. Thus it was requested to get a framework up, a site
structure consisting of placeholder pages that would lay out the
structure of the site, so that people can come up with content for
that area without having to think about "what is missing, what should
be on the site".

This request was posted to various lists, unfortunately with not much
feedback, but still a few volunteers did work on creating those
placeholder pages defining the structure.

So the placeholder pages on the site *are* reflecting the IA that was
laid out for the site.

Now as to calling it a testing site - I'm not sure whether it is just
poorly chosen wording, or a real misunderstanding on your part. Again
I'm puzzled where that impression comes from. I think I always
stressed that the test.libreoffice.org website will be what the user
sees when the switch is done, when the "test" is removed from the URL.

Obviously I suck at communicating the important parts :-(

So again: test.libreoffice.org is the real site under construction. No
other content is available, the content will not be moved to another
site. The only change that will be done is changing the DNS name from
test.libreoffice.org to libreoffice.org. Nothing else will change.

+1 for getting the site online by the end of the week! ;-)

I'd love to have it ready by then. So let's focus on one page at a time.

I propose the following, i.e. focus the work on individual pages this week:
* Home/Welcome page: Start now, continue till sunday (I'd like to have
some nice graphics there, some updated buttons)
* Wednesday is Contribute page time.
* Thursday is for Support
* Friday for the FAQ

Of course no hard limits, but the goal is to have the corresponding
page "ready for the end-user" at the end of the day.

ciao
Christian