Hi Stefan, *,

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Stefan Weigel
<stefan.weigel@bildungskreis.org> wrote:
Am 07.12.2010 01:54, schrieb Christian Lohmaier:
[...]
And generally, is caching really so important? Aren´t there
trillions of pure php-server-based solutions out in the web?

Well, I cannot tell yet, as the test.lo site did didn't have noticable
hits yet. But better to be able to serve it cached/statically than to
have a crawling site that cannot handle the load.

And as also mentioned in the other mail: I guess it is fine to just
use the first level of caching (partial caching of the generated
pages), thus it would be possible to do some php-based detection (for
the case where JS is not available)

[...]
Hm? I am talking about my idea of temporarily integrating my script
on http://www.documentfoundation.org, not the CMS.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.

And I am thinking
of possible reasons, why this might be a bad idea. And this makes
you disappointed?

:-/  :-)  ;-)

No - it made me disappointed because I interpreted your comments as
"my proposal is ignored by the website folks, esp. the silverstripe
guy (me) who insists on caching". But the opposite is true, I very
welcome the automatic creation of the script, that's why I did not
only "consider integration", but actually did implement it. And posted
to the site for feedback (where you also provided feedback), so it
surprised me (and made me sad) to read that "it is not considered for
integration". But I was missing context, so I'm not sad/disappointed
anymore :-)

ciao
Christian