Hallo Christian,

Am 07.12.2010 01:54, schrieb Christian Lohmaier:

told that my script causes too much server load (which I can´t prove
or disprove),

No, you misunderstood/misinterpreted. I was telling that I want a
solution that can be served statically, in a cached copy. A pure
php-server-based solution doesn't do that.

Ah ok. Sorry, I do not understand too much of this technical stuff.
Isn´t caching a method to reduce the load?

And generally, is caching really so important? Aren´t there
trillions of pure php-server-based solutions out in the web?

which may be a reason for not considering the
integration of this script.

Well, I'm kind of disappointed to read that, since you're well aware
that I implemented a download-selector page modeled after your
proposal on the silverstripe test-install at pumbaa already

Hm? I am talking about my idea of temporarily integrating my script
on http://www.documentfoundation.org, not the CMS. And I am thinking
of possible reasons, why this might be a bad idea. And this makes
you disappointed?

I just didn't find the time to put it up on the real site until now.

Time of volunteers is one of our main problems. I already mentioned
in the posting you are answering to: "There is no one to blame for
that, since all are volunteers."

So, thanks a lot for spending some time last night! :-)

Stefan