Hi René, *,

René Engelhard schrieb:
On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 07:34:13PM +0100, Friedrich Strohmaier wrote:

From a geeks point of view You are right. But I'm shure that it is
not a good idea to make all people out there geeks before using a
computer or using office software ;o)).

Ah, so we should let people not care about their PCs, how to use it,
keep it safe etc. and thus affecting all, spreading viruses, spam and
having botnets active?

No, it's never a good idea to replace one evel with another one and I
can't remember having advocated that. :o))

So I heavily hope, that LibreOffice will leave it's past behind and
will grow from a developer driven software to a community driven
one.

What the hell does that have to do with people using PCs getting their
basics straight? Correctly, it doesn't.

Yes, You are right. It was the attitude carried by Your advice which
made me writing that statement. I missed the respect regarding the OP's
work, deciding to install Libreoffice, getting wired, and *writing a
report* about that. We definitly *want* that information.

(Otherwise I agree with you, we can argue about marketing and I agree
for some deeper features you need docs, but come on, are you also
going to tell people on how to use their mouse?)

Using a mouse (I learned that 36 years old in five minutes) and
installing deb based software *not hold by a repo*, are incomparably
different levels of technical practice :o)).

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich
Libreoffice-Box http://libreofficebox.org/