On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 10:28:43PM +0800, David Nelson wrote:
Oh, Wow! What if you're an end user who needs a computer just to do
work on? Does every Linux user have to be a hard-core geek? And if you
own a Windows system, should one study for Microsoft certification
before shelling out you money? :-D

OK, don't answer that! Please! I was just kidding! :-)

I do.

Because dpkg -i *.deb is esssentialy setup.exe. Don't tell me anyone using
Windows must not know setup.exe to install software?

Someone helped me solve this same problem for an Ubuntu system. I'll
draft a how-to over the next few days, file a bug and suggest it for
inclusion in the Linux downloads.

There is no goddamn need for it. (That Ubuntu people in 90% of cases have
no clue how they do basic system tasks doesn't make it more needed)

Grüße/Regards,

René