On 19 oct. 10, at 23:13, Cor Nouws wrote:

Joining the global users lists, gives the largest public, so more
knowledge / international exchange. I find that useful in some
cases.

That works only for people who understand English. So it is not
global by definition.

That is true, so a users@en.documentfoundation.org would show that difference.

Definitely. And discuss@en.libreoffice.org too.

Mind that common is (was?) that there is for example
 an users@<language>.documentfoundation.org
as well as
 a marketing or a dev@<language>.documentfoundation.org.
The place where people in a certain language area work together.

For English that obviously does not work, and for Spanish and maybe more languages too.
Therefore, we already see a list for a local/regional group in the US (iirc).

Indeed. But that is beside the point I am making.

_ALL_ lists should be identified by the language they use.

Unless the lists are clearly and exclusively about global policy issues, in which case they should
_theorically_ be multilingual (ie not explicitly refuse contributions because some list members do
not understand the language of the post).

Jean-Christophe Helary