Hi Gianluca, *

Gianluca Turconi schrieb:
In data 17 ottobre 2010 alle ore 14:51:39, Italo Vignoli
[...]

I would expect that *Team OpenOffice.org e.V.*, the recipient of
donations, would have decided about who can or cannot manage its money
before the approvers in charge are removed.

Perhaps a look at their website gives you a glance:
http://www.teamopenoffice.de/

Even if the founding members might have been replaced or additional members have come to the association, they are probably the ones to decide. And if you search these names, most of them are still in charge of Oracle.

To be fair: They have been the ones developing OpenOffice.org and StarOffice from the begin. It was great to establish such an association that could manage money on behalf of the OpenOffice.org community. If there would never be a Conflict of Interest between Oracle and the community, this would be a good way to go.

But now ???

Really, I'm not able to understand how these actions ca be legally
supported.

It's all about the definition of the OpenOffice.org community. If this community has *not* established a foundation, people supporting LibreOffice are not supporting the community.

In this case the donations given to TeamOpenOffice.org are not allowed to be spent for LibreOffice and TDF. There is no information about the level of donations by Sun/Oracle, but I assume that they have been quite relevant.

Look at the numbers given here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council/Funding_And_Budgets/Budget_2010

TeamOpenOffice.org has been a budget of 100.000 € - *if* we are a fork (or if they decide that we are a fork) it's their duty to keep their money to the OOo community.

But as these decisions have not been done by the OOo community nobody there has the right to remove any of the treasurers...

Best regards

Bernhard