 On 16/10/10 01:45 PM, AG wrote:
On 16/10/10 19:42, Scott Furry wrote:
On 16/10/10 05:21 AM, AG wrote:
AG,
I used Nikola's Deb archive (adding it to my sources.list).

Scott, what's the line for that?
1. Adding the repository:
sudo echo “debhttp://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice  /#geri...@hummer” | tee -a
/etc/apt/sources.list

2. Adding the signing key:
wget debhttp://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/gericom.asc  -q -O- | sudo apt-key add -

In TDF archive is the message thread of observations about the deb repository and setting it up.
See the thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg00497.html
"[TDF discuss] LO deb repo" for more details.
I found that I had to uninstall beta1 to get things to work.
Once I squared away beta1/beta2 issues things went swimmingly.

Install from the cmd line for apt I had to use "libreoffice3* libobasis3* libreoffice-menus*" when I first installed but after that updates were picked up normally.

Can you elaborate a bit pls?

AG,

I used the line:

prompt>  sudo apt-get install libreoffice3* lobasis3.3* libreoffice-debian-menus

to install LibO from the Nikola's LibO deb repository. When it came time to install beta2, I uninstalled beta1 then used the line above to install beta2. Although apt did pick up the fact that the packages were updated and installed them, I discovered after the fact that beta1 had to be uninstalled first.

Regards,
Scott Furry