Hi James, *

James Wilde schrieb:
Is it possible to add an indication that a message has been passed by
the moderators to the subject line, or as a secondary header in the
message itself?  This way those answering the OP will know that they
need to add his/her personal address to the reply.  Additionally, the
OP will know that tthe message has come from an email address which
is not registered, which can happen by accident.

Even if this would be possible, the unsubscribed user will not get replies from people posting to the list only for accident or because they reply to an answer by a subscribed poster.

And additionally this would be superfluous if the OP subscribed to the list (at least for the time (s)he is interested in replies).

What seems to be necessary is describing the OP how a mailing list and a volunteer community works. That's what I do on the OOo lists I'm moderator (art and branding) by a direct (standardized) mail to the OP [1].

I think it is (nearly?) as important as getting more people to use LibreOffice to show them how our community works and invite them to join. Every new community member brings more new users to our product and keeps the community alive.

People not interested in joining the mailing list just need to have a look at the archives - depending on their preferences on Gnome, mail-archive.com, or our own archive (once it is searchable...).

Best regards

Bernhard