 Le 2010-10-03 06:57, Michèle Garoche a écrit :

On 3 oct. 10, at 12:49, Marc Paré wrote:

Sorry my bad; better with LibreOffice as title and subdirectory:
http://micmacfr.homeunix.org/libreoffice/index.shtml.shtml
http://micmacfr.homeunix.org/libreoffice/index.shtml.en
http://micmacfr.homeunix.org/libreoffice/index.shtml.fr

Old links are removed

Michèle

Merci Michèle:

There is a plugin notice on the page but we can still download the sound file.
Yes, it is normal, you have to get the QuickTime plugin to hear the embedded sound.
That's why I put the zipped file, maybe I should put a tar.gz file as
well.

Sounds great. I guess some people were wondering about the English pronunciation as an example.
Sorry, here, I'm not a native English speaker, so I could not do it (my English prononciation is a French one, so probably will sound very very special to anyone not French lol;), but if someone does a m4a file with the English pronunciation, I can put it on the same page and
next you will be able to download it and put it elsewhere (maybe on a
FAQ page as someone suggested on the list).

Michèle

Maybe someone with the LibreOffice group will then consider putting on a small section on the main website with a collection soundfiles of English pronunciation as examples. This would then fix the argument that people cannot figure out how to pronounce LibreOffice along with a few other soundfiles in a few other non-latin based languages. This would also help out the general public and add a little bit of "personal user-attention" twist to their initial visit to the site.

I also think that it would be cool if there were a sort of LibreOffice video exercise where people could film themselves and submit it to LibreOffice.org with a saying like: " I believe in LibreOffice" or "We believe in LibreOffice" -- just a short pre-scripted sentence promoted by the LibreOffice group. The clips could be spliced on into the other, much like the soccer video that was going around a year ago where people could filmed themselves freestyling a soccer ball, submitted their video and it was continuously spliced at the end of a video. It was very popular with the kids. We could do the same but with the pronunciation of our suite.

Marc