Am 05.12.2010 um 16:35 schrieb Rainer Bielefeld:
for which purpose do you want a list? What do you mean by "checking
integrity of RC1 sets"?

for example to find out that <ftp://ftp.rz.tu-bs.de/pub/mirror/tdf/>  is the only german mirror
without RC1, I believe there is something wrong.

That particular mirror can be a false negative. There is a known network issue impeding us updating
our reflection of that mirror's content -- but I have no time to debug it right now. So we not
necessarily redirect to this mirror, for newly published files. But the mirror pulls files
regularly. When you checked, the RC1 files were not published yet, though. So this mirror could not
have the files.

I should point out that the initial, early "seeding mirrors" phase is usually not visible to the
public -- since we tend to distribute files at first in directories that are not publicly visible,
making the public later. So what you see from the outside doesn't necessarily reflect what's going
on behind the scene.

Are there other things that you want to find out about? What matters to you?

Please refrain from creating static, manually maintained lists of mirrors -- we can easily create
them automatically, as has been pointed out elsewhere in this thread. It's just that someone,
probably me, has to find the time to set this up. Okay, I took some minutes now to arrange for this
page, updated every 30 minutes: http://download.documentfoundation.org/mirrors/all.html
Unfortunately, I lack the time to take care of header and footer at the moment. Suggestions/(X)HTML
are always welcome of course. MirMon (for which there is integration) can be set up also, later.

BTW:
Do you agree to be listed on
<http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/LibreOffice/FindTheExpert>
as the mirrors expert? If yes, I would need an email address for assignemnts in Bugzilla.

I don't mind, however it is usually best to contact, in case of problems, the admins of the
respective mirror network. They are the only ones who can do something about problems. In the case
of TDF, that's ftp at documentfoundation.org, or alternatively, this mailing list (for issues that
are of concern not only to the admins, but also to other mirrors, and warrant the list noise).

So I would suggest to list the ftp@ address as contact point. I don't really want valuable feedback
& problem reports to end up in my private mailbox, without anyone else able to participate.

Peter