Let me answer this more fully in line.

On 07/06/2016 05:47 AM, c.buhtz@posteo.jp wrote:
I am a software developer and using LibreOffice (LO) on a Linux
environment. But sometimes I have to deal with Word-users.
In such a mixed working group I found out that Word doesn't "respect"
the OpenDocument format.
Yes this is well known. With Microsoft 2010 only ODF1.1 is supported so
if you're saving in ODF1.2 things go awry.
I am sure you know such problems.
A 30 second google search confirms them ;)
I want to understand why it is that way?
Pretty straight forward. Microsoft only supports ODF1.1 through
Office2010, I believe with 2013 ODF1.2 is supported but I'm not
positive. Even at that, their support isn't perfect (just like our
support of OOXML isn't perfect). They put their energy into supporting
their own standard.
I am not so deep in the topic and in the documents about that. But I
think OpenDocument is a well documented and specified standard.
Right?
It's documented...as far as how well, I'm not the one to answer that. I
know that there are lots of things that aren't actually adopted yet that
OOXML currently supports that the ODT committee has not adopted an
equivalent for.

As I described I observed that Word doesn't fit to that standard. But
Word lie to the user and offer to open and save OpenDocument files.
I suggest reporting bugs to Microsoft when issues come up.

Of course I know why Microsoft software behave like that - destroying
open and free standards.
:-b I won't comment here as it's beyond my knowledge.

The question is why is Microsoft allowed to use "OpenDocument" that way?
Open standard we want everyone using it, even if not perfectly.

Isn't there a juristic way to restrict that?
No and even if there was, we wouldn't want that. Then it becomes two
proprietary standards. Like I said, we want all office suites to adopt
ODT and get past the "this is my standard and you can't use it" mentality.

Best,
Joel