Hi Nino,

you wrote:
My impression is exactly the same, so what you clarified is that
depreciation of users is not Charles' personal mindset but a general
thinking in TDF/LibreOffice community.

This is emphatically not what I said. Our user base is of utmost
importance. The sticking point is going from all users, to a single
one.

In my eyes, users - yes, simple users - make a significant
contribution when they just choose to use LibreOffice. So I am
thankful to each single LibreOffice user [...]

I agree.

, while I hear "almost zero" / "just tiny amounts" from your
side. This makes me sad. As user, I feel not appreciated. I did not
know that this is really your position.

But you are not only a user! You contribute back - on mailing lists,
QA and elsewhere!

The problem is, if LibreOffice would 'only' have users (in the sense
that you framed it - people whose contribution is to merely use
LibreOffice), this project could no longer exist. It is therefore by
design (and also in the user's interest - if they are actually
interested in getting improved versions in the future), that
contribution to LibreOffice is rewarded, e.g. by being empowered to
decide on directions or designs or code, vote for various things
including the board, etc.

Conversely, it is in the project's vital interest to look after their
user base, listen to it (in the aggregate), and grow it.

Therefore I proposed the representative role. But now I withdraw
this proposal as it does not fit to your above-expressed attitude
(which is not mine) towards (your?) users.

Is that really the case? What purpose should this representative role
fulfil? If it is taking the user's view when designing features or UI,
I maintain my position that the User Experience project is already
doing that job.

All the best,

-- Thorsten