Regina Henschel wrote:
I see no problem for this steps. That has worked all the time for
our German OOo-lists, so why shouldn't it work for an international
list? Users get a reply from the list moderator which describes what
to do.

Ugh. Citing the late OOo as something that has worked especially
well strikes me as at least debatable. ;)

I think the point you want to make is - "I'm used to this" - which
is fine, but the problem that is to be addressed here is mostly
about people *not* used to it, but coming from outside / the fuzzy
edges of this project. I would think, if all LibO lists would behave
similarly, it wouldn't take longer than a day or two to adapt
personal habits?

At any rate, here's the ultimate answer in this whole
reply-to-munging debate (for who ever is amenable to technical
argument):

 http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html

Cheers,

-- Thorsten