On 29 November 2011 10:39, lj <ljeloudev@gmail.com> wrote:

 Libreoffice has one thing. It's for free. You can't beat
that price. Consumers will use a product like google docs because it's free
and easy to use.

Yes, people expect to get stuff like this for free from the internet so it
is difficult for MS or Apple to charge extra for office software in this
environment and if they offer it for free they run the risk of killing
their own cash cows on the desktop.

It's the exact same for libreoffice they just need mobile
and cloud adoption and a little more advertisement in marketing to stay in
the game.

Cloud is one area where features do tend to be light so a cloud based LibO
would be a killer app, especially if there was a compact version that could
run on a cell phone, locally. But the big problem is that this is a massive
amount of work and by the time it is done, it might well be too late.

Lj.