Carlo Strata wrote:
That bug is not even fully analysed, let alone fixed yet - so why
should we even start pondering to delay a release of an otherwise
improved version?

You are right, but this one is the only one I read about in these
days and that is a regression...
I'm sure there are some other ones ("3.4's most annoying bugs")...

Hi Carlo,

sure - but either there's a safe fix, that the responsible devs have
been poked with & that got cherry-picked in time for -3-4 - or
there isn't. Probably all I want to say is that your mail comes
some 2-3 weeks late - please remind people to review fixes before
release tagging happens.

As many others have said before, the point of time-based releases is
to get fixes shipped to users, instead of being caught in that "just
one more fix" dead-lock.

Nothing prevents us from doing another release from the libo-3-4
branch next year, and surely over the time, this branch will
acculumate more useful fixes than just this one Calc bug.

I say this because Rainer (Bielefeld) told me (on September the 1st,
2011) that TDF are fixing all bugs in Master trunk (3.5) and cherry
pick something good for 3.4's releases... This means that 3.5 may be
better than any 3.4 is now and will ever be.

Absolutely! That's the whole point in development, to make a better
version! :)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten