Hi Pedro,

Il 02/11/2011 13:19, Pedro ha scritto:
In my opinion TDF and LibreOffice should abandon the MS compiler and support
the switch to MinGW which has already been started by Jan Holesovsky (aka
Kendy)

I think we could put here, at least, the links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MinGW
http://www.mingw.org/
http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/

for interested people...

This would also open the path to using MinGW64 and therefore the creation of
a native 64bit version of LO...

I follow some and various FLOSS projects that are both and natively win32/win64 like these:

http://7-zip.org/
http://infrarecorder.org/   (If I don't remember wrong, it use MinGW.)
http://www.virtualdub.org/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/free-cad/ and http://free-cad.sourceforge.net/

and some that try to go win64 too, but without official courage, bravery, fearlessness
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla-central/

and some that are not trying at all
http://filezilla-project.org
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Could we understand and learn somethings from above projects' choices and code?

The fact that it is a requirement to use a specific proprietary compiler to
compile a FLOSS program makes the same sense as offering a free complete car
(wheels, tires, etc) but to assemble it you would need to buy a wrench which
is sold by a single company...

There are pros and cons to use Microsoft native and MinGW/GW64 compilers and libs, I suppose.

Just my 2 cents.
Have a nice evening,

Carlo