On 10/29/2011 10:16 AM, Olivier R. wrote:

AFAIK, forums migrated on Apache server only because TDF has always favored
mailing-lists and seemed to have low respect for forums. Before Apache, TDF
seemed not concerned with forums hosting.

When we started the project in 2010, "human" bandwidth was limited, and managing forums - which need more dedication than a mailing list, and a number of focused volunteers - would represent a problem.

We have never favoured mailing lists, and we have always had a lot of respect for forums. What has happened, is that forum admins have never had the patience to wait for the LibreOffice project to grow and mature over time, and get the human bandwidth necessary to host the forums.

The unfortunate situation at Apache, where an increasingly higher number of people exercise their right of spreading FUD over TDF (and this includes people in forums, and is very easy to spot their names), and a number of forum admins who have expressed their hostility vs TDF, do not make it acceptable - IMHO - to have the LibreOffice forum at Apache.

LibreOffice is going forward and bringing new features to users, with an increasingly different code base. OOo is going backwards, because of the meaningless "license sanification" imposed by Apache (one of the forum admins has recently asked a question on this subject, which - of course - has not been answered).

I think that this is the situation that we are facing today. Of course, we do not want to upset or divide the user base, but on the other hand we start to be pissed off by the attitude of some people.

If forum admins are reading this thread, I think this is the right opportunity to have an open discussion. If forum admins are not reading mailing lists, we can switch the discussion to the forum (I am open to any positive solution).

Best, Italo

--
Italo Vignoli
italo.vignoli@gmail.com