On 9/9/11 3:40 PM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:

The links do not lead me to assume that top posting is expected. If the
documentation group desires bottom posting only, the user should be
informed when the register. Even then, I expect that most people will
miss it. Expecting someone to follow a link and then follow another link
seems a wee bit unlikely.

Bottom posting is great when a message is not read in context of the
other messages. When I read threaded messages, it is annoying to wade
through the message history before I arrive at the content of interest.
I might prefer, therefore, that people be prodded into seriously
shortening content from all previous posters to only contain the
portions relevant to their reply.

If you read the Learn to Quote link on the netiquette page, it gets into why bottom posting and interspersion is or should be the desired way.

But like you, I think the LO people need to specify it directly on the page, even better would be for them to actually write their own netiquette page.

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 6.0.2