2011/8/1 Marc-André Laverdière <marc-andre@atc.tcs.com>

Why can't LO be a killer office that can handle _every document_ under
the sun? That's VLC reputation in the multimedia field, and that works
very very fine for them I think :)

As for the spreading of ODF, I suggest to pick a different battle: the
one where the governments make it the default format for all their
forms. Now _that_ would change things.

+1. Difficult, but a good strategy.

When I started certification, there was insufficient  demand for a viable
business if we had only provided for OOo at the time. We certificated MS
users in *generic* skills of WP, SS, Drawing, Presenting and DB but made the
certification friendly to FOSS and used only FOSS examples in the guidance
on the grounds there were plenty of egs out there for MS. This has enabled
us to get into MS camps and some of them have switched. We know from student
Blogs that many of the students are now much more familiar with FOSS than
before. That wouldn't have happened if we had boycotted MS.
--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.