Uwe Altmann wrote:
Hi

Am 12.07.11 20:38, schrieb drew:
hmmm - that is assuming that the two separate projects will maintain
enough common code base that shared extensions are possible - that is a
requirement that I for one would not want to see enforced. The fact that
we can share extensions today is, IMO, a remnant of a past history and
should not dictate decisions for going forward - so I would not be in
favor our hosting Apache OpenOffice.org branded extensions on a
TDF/LibreOffice service, nor would I be in favor or seeing
TDF/Libreoffice continue to point back to Apache OpenOffice.org for any
future end user services.

As in past some extensions required some special version of OOo, in
future they may require a special version of LO or only LO or only AOOo
at all. It's more testing but surely can be documented and handeled.
Besides that I dont't expect LO to refurbish the API on a
down-to-the-foundation level in the next years.
The application interface might not change, but the core code might. Oops, application interface, I was thinking user interface, no, the application interface might just change if a change results in better performance. the same for core code. It is best not to assume anything, as in the old saying, if you assume, you might make an ass of u and me.

I think it would be best to consider any mutual hosting to be a temporary arrangement, since at some point in the future it might no longer be practical. Also, at some point it might no longer be needed, as both projects become more mature, they might acquire the infrastructure to host whatever is needed on their own.