On 6/7/11 3:21 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

I agree... My "going over it" was simply to indicate areas which
I *think* (again, I have no idea, nor do a *want* to know) may
have been reasons Oracle declined, since that seems a point
that people are extremely curious about.

Provided that they received the letter and they never replied I think it is reasonable to state that they never considered it, because of corporate reasons we will never know.

Between "humans", before declining you usually investigate further and then provide a reason for declining. Otherwise, it looks like you are just ignoring (which is fine).

Corporations are just not as educated as humans, and therefore do not feel they should behave following the basics of mutual respect. This is the reason why I have decided to abandon a corporate career.

In addition, corporations are just too different from volunteer projects, and trying to understand a decision using a volunteer POV can only lead to severe frustrations.

TDF has sent a letter to Oracle, which has been ignored. It is a fact. We decided to send it because we felt we had to try every solution, but what has happened afterwards tells us that the letter has been ignored for unknown reasons (as I am sure that Oracle will never provide any further detail).

--
Italo Vignoli
italo.vignoli@gmail.com