Ok, information overflow. I know we're early in the stage, but I'm
a bit unsure about what I should tell people. I see a lot of
possibilities with ASF on board and as the web expertise is strong
in that camp, also the realisation of some dreams. I dunno too much
about ASF licensing, but how different will it be from the current
situation? Several have pointed out IBM Symphony, which indeed contain
elements from OOo, as a culprit. But the LGPL allows that, and to me
that doesn't sound too far from ASF licensing. And after reading a lot
of your e-mails, I'm convinced about OOo still being a viable base for
several projects adapting the code to their own taste, even if we don't
quite agree on the licenses. I think the most important bit is that
they're compatible with each other, which to me sounds quite feasible.
I also find the possibility of IBM among other users actually
contributing to the source and publicly announcing their support
highly intriguing too. I'm involved in more than one project basing its
software on this code base. So I'm not only speaking as an LibreOffice
contributor here. I think we can indeed come to a mutual agreement
benefiting all parties here. However, I didn't say it will be easy...

Sincerely,
Olav Dahlum