Laurence Jeloudev wrote:
I'd exactly agree with these statements libreoffice needs to have a
end user understanding not a developer understanding.

I disagree.

LibreOffice need to have *both*.

Simply we have to channel end users better towards "LibreOffice, the product" and the developers/contributors towards "LibreOffice, the project".

I've several ideas about this but few time to write them down, since I'm already working on another proposal for the project.

Nevertheless, here how I'd like a LibO website reworking:

----------
home page:

[short description of what LibO, the software, is]
3 huge buttons: [Download] [Find Support] [Contribute]
[short description of what TDF, the foundation, is]

Then, under [Find Support]:

[any other external and independent support system]

Finally, under [Contribute], other 3 huge buttons:

[Contribute money] -> Fund raising

Of course, the idea lacks a lot of details that must be included (documentation, mirrors, source code...) and above all I've no data about LibO statistics of what pages are more accessed by web users.

It's just an idea, for the time being.

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale: